Please find attached the Grizz Cup Tournament Master Schedule for 2019.
Below you will also find general tournament information.
Pee Wee A will be traveling tournament team this year.
If your skater has the desire to skate on the A team they must make the team in a tryout and commit to the travel associated.
The below tournaments are stay & play tournaments which mean that there is a lodging requirement for teams to book with the tournament provided lodger otherwise penalties and fees can be assessed. Room rates are discounted and as low as $97/night in SLC. Please keep an eye out for booking instructions from your team managers.
The Telluride PeeWee A Travel Tournament Team Schedule:
Pee Wee A: Grizz Cup in Salt Lake City MLK weekend (Additional travel days may be necessary depending on game schedule). https://www.grizzcup.com/
Friday, Jan 18th Grizz Cup Salt Lake City, Utah
Saturday, Jan 19th Grizz Cup Salt Lake City, Utah
Sunday, Jan 20th Grizz Cup Salt Lake City, Utah **Last game played will be Sunday before 1 PM. We will ONLY play Monday if we are in Championship game. The competition will be tough. We are an A team playing in a B bracket.**
Monday, Jan 21st Grizz Cup Salt Lake City, Utah
GRIZZ CUP INFO:
A few reminders for your first day at the rink:
· Prior to first game please be sure to pick up your Team's participation gifts at the registration table,
· Prior to each game - checkout a locker room key at registration table (car keys are required to check out keys – no driver’s licenses will be accepted)
· Prior to each game - the Coach must stop by the registration table to sign the score sheet. Please confirm that your stickers are correct and everyone playing is on the sticker.
· After each game - a team official should stop by the registration table to pick up a copy of the score sheet for your records.
· Team Manager of each team will need to bring their credentials binder to the tournament. Utah Hockey and USA Hockey require that team officials have these items with them at sanctioned tournaments.
Credential binders must include:
1 - Utah concussion release form for each player
2 - Travel Permit if your State Affiliate requires one, or teams traveling from outside of USA
Results for all games can be found under the "2019 Results" tab at www.grizzcup.com and will be updated as soon as possible following each game. Please check here often for semi final and consolation match-ups throughout the tournament.
It's very hard to secure ice for a tournament of this size and we would like to thank all of the Rink facilities for accommodating the tournament. The Rinks are all very proud of their facilities and work their hardest to keep them in World Class condition. Please remind all participants and spectators to treat the facilities with utmost respect. Rinks will be open at least 45 mins before the first game of the day. Please help us with the following rink rules.
- No Floor hockey is allowed inside any rink facilities
- Many of the facilities are Multi use centers. Please keep players and siblings in the rink areas only, particularly at Cottonwood Heights.
- Please leave a clean locker room, pickup tape and trash etc before returning the key.
- Lock rooms while players are on the ice. Neither WMAHA nor the rinks are responsible for theft in locker rooms.
- Teams are responsible for any damages to locker rooms and/or facilities.
- Please have teams do their dryland/warmup outside of the facilities unless the weather is very bad. We try to provide the best experience for spectators watching games in progress.
Please distribute the rules so everyone has a chance to be aware and understand them before the tournament begins. They can be found online at www.grizzcup.com
Here are a couple keys rules to be aware of:
1. Home Team will wear Dark Jersey
- 4 goal differential in the 3rd Period will result in run time clock, 7 goal after the first period for 10U and 12U B.
- 10U and 12U B will have run time 3rd periods.
- Tournament Director will not overrule any on ice decision or penalties.
- Pool games will end in a tie, Points are distributed as such, 3 pts for win, 1 pt for a tie.
President’s Day Cup in Co Springs for both Squirt A and PeeWee A. https://www.tigershockey.org/pdtinfo
Friday, Feb 15th Presidents Day Cup Colorado Springs, CO **no updates yet**
Saturday, Feb 16th Presidents Day Cup Colorado Springs, CO
Sunday, Feb 17th Presidents Day Cup Colorado Springs, CO
Monday, Feb 18th Presidents Day Cup Colorado Springs, CO
TBA: CAHA tournament in March.
Depending on the temperature of the parents an additional tournament could be scheduled.