Important dates and events 2019/2020:
09/09/2019, 5:15pm MDT
By Brigitte dePagter Kusuno, Board President
Lizard Head Hockey Club
Important dates and events 2019/2020:
- Hockey Registration opens: September 19th, 2019 3 PM on the Parks and Rec website. If you have not signed up for a new account with their new system you will need to do this in order to register.
- Kevin Green Memorial Golf Tournament to Benefit the Lizard Head Hockey Club: Monday, September 23rd at the Telluride Golf Club, 9 am Check-in, Shotgun start at 10 am.
- Hockey Swap: Wednesday, October 2nd. Starting @5:30 PM- 7 PM at the Hanley Rink. Get all your gear in one convenient location. Mini & Mite Rental Bags will be distributed at this event.
- Mandatory Annual Informational Meeting: October 10th @ 5:30 PM at the Library Program Room. Get all your information in one convenient location. There are several changes this coming season, be informed an attend this mandatory meeting.
- Rink Opening Date: Sunday, October 13th (Rink Closing Date: Wednesday, March 4th )
- Try Hockey for Free Event @ Hanley Rink: Sunday, October 13th 3-6PM.
- Bridal Veil Cup, Coed Hockey Tournament Fundraiser for the Lizard Head Hockey Club: October 18th-20th games to be held in the afternoons at the Hanley Rink.
- Alumni Game, December 22nd @ 6 pm
- Rink Closing Date: Wednesday, March 4th
Important Info to Know for this coming season:
- New League for 2019/2020 Season. We are part of two new leagues for this season.
- Our lady skaters are part of the Colorado Girls Hockey League (CGHL) this league includes all Colorado and New Mexico teams.
- Our Coed Lizard Head Hockey teams have joined the Western Colorado Hockey League. This league includes the following teams: Aspen, Vail, Glenwood, Summit, Steamboat, West Elk, and Telluride.
We have declared the following teams for the upcoming 2019/2020 season:
- Mini-Mites (First-time skaters U8)
- Mites (U8)
- 2 Squirt (U10) teams at the A & B levels
- 2 Peewee (U12) teams at the A & B levels
- 2 Bantam (U14) teams at the A & B levels
- Junior Varsity Team
- Varsity Team
- Depending on the desire to be involved some Girls U10 opportunities my be an option.
- U12 Girls team
- U15 Girls team
- Game Estimates:
- League play with: Aspen, Vail, Glenwood, Summit, Steamboat, West Elk and Telluride for all A & B levels.
- Squirt B: 6 home games + 10 away games + playoffs + tournaments +Friendlies TBD
- Squirt A: 8 home games + 10 away + Playoffs + Tournaments
- PeeWee B: 8 home games + 10 away + Playoffs + Tournaments +Friendlies TBD
- PeeWee A: 9 home games + 9 away games + Playoffs + Tournaments +Friendlies TBD
- Bantam B: 9 home games + 8 away + Playoffs + Tournaments + Friendlies TBD
- Bantam A: 10 home games + 10 away + Playoffs + Tournaments + Friendlies TBD
- JV & Varsity High school:
- This league has teams from Southern CO (Durango and Alamosa) NM (Taos, Los Alamos and 2 teams in Albuquerque) and 3 teams from Texas.
- This year Amarillo and El Paso come to us, therefore we will avoid several trips to Texas.
- Not all clubs have a JV and Varsity teams so the schedule will fluctuate in-game count depending on how many teams the various clubs in the league have.
- Girls Hockey in Telluride. Telluride will play next season at U-15, U-12, and U-10. U-12 and U-15 will compete in the newly forming CGHL that will consist of all Colorado teams including the front range teams and New Mexico teams. U-10 depending on desire will participate in mountain town jamborees and we hope to be able to host one as well.
In house continues to be an option at all levels with 2 practice a week and no travel games.
- Uniforms: all travel players, Squirt and up, need a green travel jersey, and white home jerseys. You will be able to order jerseys via the link on the website. Hockey socks can also be ordered for $15/pair.
- Helmets and Breezers. All travel players are required to have black helmets and black breezers.
- If you need a rental bag for the 2019-2020 season: Rental bags are for Minis and mites and will be available at the Hockey Swap and some set times following the swap. Email us at email@example.com to reserve a bag. Don’t wait, come to the swap for a rental bag! If your child is a squirt or higher you really should not be using the rental gear. This rental program is more for the newer skaters. Therefore younger skaters will have priority.